The Cascade Effect, is a one-stop-guide for small businesses, startups and those who want to learn how PR can grow your business, making you a successful entrepreneur!



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What The Prez's Proposals Mean to Small Biz


It's interesting, I get the same questions from just about everyone these days, one I'm sure you're familiar with: "How's business? Has the economy had an impact?" Oddly enough, the answer to that question is no.

A few months ago I was speaking to a small, quickly growing biz client who sent me an email saying "I'm beginning to think this recession thing is a joke. We're busier than we've ever been."

My initial thoughts were simply that the larger corporate and financial issues that we've been reading and hearing so much about have affected consumer confidence which made the market fall. It's like a snowball effect of behavioral economics which in the end we all feel and it goes on and on and.....

Remember that small business success, flexibility and determination will always pull an economy up. We may be small but we are mighty in numbers. Moreover, (I say this over and over again) it's times like this when small businesses can leap frog over competitors and you all know it's possible. The advent of the Internet has made it even that much easier.

I'm interested to hear from you about your feelings on the economy, how you feel it's affected you and what you think about the President's proposals (which mind you have already begun to drive the market back up).

Send me your comments!

No comments: